School Community Council
The School Community Council encourages communication between parents, employees, and administrators. It encourages all to be involved in establishing and implementing educational goals for students.
School Community Council meetings are open to the public. Meetings will be held at Santaquin Elementary in the Faculty Room or Zoom from 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. You are welcome to attend any or all of the meetings. Children are also welcome to attend.
The School Community Council (SCC) plays an important role in partnering in the education of our children with the school, its staff and faculty and the district. The following information is from The Shared Governance Handbook. The SCC provides a "cooperative means of improving the educational programs and conditions" within the school. Decisions and responsibilities allocated to the SCC by the Utah law includes:
- Developing a School Improvement Plan (SIP)
- Developing the School LAND Trust Program
- Assisting in the development and implementation of a school professional development plan
- Develop and implement a child access routing plan (safe walking routes to and from school)
- Advising and making recommendations to school and school district administrators and the local school board regarding the school and its programs, school district programs, and other issues relating to the community environment for students
- Developing a reading achievement plan.
For more information please refer to the Nebo School District Board Of Education Policies and Procedures Section K: School - Community Relations
Files associated with the school community council:
School Community Council 2020/2021 Meeting Recordings