We reached the 100 days of school mark today. Our 2nd grade teachers decided to take the day off and call in substitutes. The substitutes were a little slower than our regular teachers, but they had a lot of experience and stories to share with the students. (See if you can tell who they really are.)
The 5th grade presented their Wax Museum to students and parents today.
Out of the many historical people on display, four were selected to share their life story. All of the students did an amazing job on their costumes, posters, and life story.
Pocahontas - Pocahontas was born in 1595 in Virginia. She later changed her name to Rebecca. She was married to John Rolfe. They had one child. She died on March 21, 1611, of old age.
Mrs. Mecham is our school librarian. She is new to our school this year, and we are so glad she is part of Santaquin Elementary. Some interesting facts about her are:
- She grew up in Payson, Utah.
- She likes motorcycles, country dancing, shopping, and reading.
- Her favorite books are The Hunger Games series and The Divergent series.
- Her movie of choice is The Sound of Music.
- Pink and red are her favorite colors.
This week's Who's Who is Mrs. Wright, a 2nd grade teacher. These are a few tidbits about her.
- She grew up in Los Angeles, CA.
- Math and Art are her favorite school subjects.
- When she is not at school she can be found at Payson Market Bakery, quilting, reading, or gardening.
- She really enjoys eating fruits and veggies.
- Blue is her favorite color.
- She likes the movie "Tangled".
- Her favorite people are actress, Barbara Stanwyck and the Sons of Mosiah.