We reached the 100 days of school mark today. Our 2nd grade teachers decided to take the day off and call in substitutes. The substitutes were a little slower than our regular teachers, but they had a lot of experience and stories to share with the students. (See if you can tell who they really are.)
You are here
The 5th grade presented their Wax Museum to students and parents today.
Out of the many historical people on display, four were selected to share their life story. All of the students did an amazing job on their costumes, posters, and life story.
Pocahontas - Pocahontas was born in 1595 in Virginia. She later changed her name to Rebecca. She was married to John Rolfe. They had one child. She died on March 21, 1611, of old age.
Amelia Earhart - Amelia was born July 24, 1897, in Atchison, Kansas. She was married to George Putnam. She was known for being the first female to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean. She disappeard in 1937 while she was flying over the Pacific Ocean.
Walt Disney - Walt was born December 5, 1901, and died in 1966 of lung cancer. As a child he dreamed of painting and sold pictures to family and friends. When he was 16, he dropped out of school to join the army. However, he was too young and joined the Red Cross instead. He created Mickey Mouse and was his voice for two decades. His first full-length animated film was Snow White. He opened Disneyland theme park and later Disney World.
Shirley Temple - Shirley was born on April 23, 1928, and died on February 10, 2014. She was famous for acting, singing, and dancing. A couple interesting facts were she almost played Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, and it took 56 girls to do her hair for each movie.
Mrs. Mecham is our school librarian. She is new to our school this year, and we are so glad she is part of Santaquin Elementary. Some interesting facts about her are:
- She grew up in Payson, Utah.
- She likes motorcycles, country dancing, shopping, and reading.
- Her favorite books are The Hunger Games series and The Divergent series.
- Her movie of choice is The Sound of Music.
- Pink and red are her favorite colors.
This week's Who's Who is Mrs. Wright, a 2nd grade teacher. These are a few tidbits about her.
- She grew up in Los Angeles, CA.
- Math and Art are her favorite school subjects.
- When she is not at school she can be found at Payson Market Bakery, quilting, reading, or gardening.
- She really enjoys eating fruits and veggies.
- Blue is her favorite color.
- She likes the movie "Tangled".
- Her favorite people are actress, Barbara Stanwyck and the Sons of Mosiah.
Taylr Mortensen is a senior at Payson High School. In September she began an internship at Santaquin Elementary. Her internship ended the first week in January.
She came for one hour, twice a week, to teach some of our 6th grade students. The students and teachers really appreciated her positive attitude and willingness to help others do their best.
Mindi Tyler is a custodian at Santaquin Elementary. She was born and raised in Santaquin. She enjoys spending time with her family; particulary, boating, fishing, hunting, and playing sports. Her favorite color is purple. Her favorite place to eat is Main Street Pizza. We appreciate Mindi's help in making our school shine.
The location of the school lunch menu has been changed.
To access the calendar go to www.nebo.edu
- Click on DEPARTMENTS
- FOOD SERVICE
- Scroll down the page to MENU
- Select Elementary School and then the school
- Select BREAKFAST or LUNCH menu. All the options for that day will be shown, along with the nutritional value.